Managing Director, Fusionex Group
Jacob is the Managing Director of Fusionex Group - an established multi-award- winning data technology leader specializing in Analytics, Big Data Management, IR 4.0, Internet of Things, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence.
Jacob has more than a decade's experience in enterprise software project implementation. He has overseen and been involved in all aspects of Big Data, Analytics, Artificial Intelligence, Trade Facilitation and IR 4.0 projects encompassing large volumes of business data and diverse data sources to provide in-depth analysis of data and trends for numerous clients spanning various industries.
Jacob has a strong technical background coupled with a wide domain knowledge across manufacturing, market research, finance and asset management. His expertise and experience have led him to have successfully executed and spearheaded projects for both large corporations and SMEs in the US, the UK, France, Holland, Australia, Hong Kong, Malaysia and Singapore.
Jacob is often invited to give talks in numerous forums and conferences, and has been invited by Gartner, Alibaba, General Electric, UOB Bank, ACCA, Lazada, The Star, Digital News Asia, MDEC, FMM and PIKOM, among many others, to share his erudite views and deep insights on how businesses can excel with new technology.
Regional Director, Southeast Asia, Commvault
Alicia is Commvault’s Regional Director responsible for driving adoption and growth in providing best-in-class Data Management services across Southeast Asia Region.
A veteran in the IT industry, she has close to 20 years of experience in strategic consultancy and solutioning for Data Management services in the growing domains of Data Protection, Archiving, High Availability and Disaster Recovery.
Her vast exposure in multiple complex enterprise solutioning over the years with speciality in Data Storage & Management has helped many decision makers to realize the business and operational benefits of their IT investments.
Alicia is based in Kuala Lumpur.
Muhammad Izlan Farid
Systems Engineer, Veem, Malaysia
Farid brings more than almost 8 years of experience in the IT Industry as both a Post-Sales and PreSales Consultant focusing on Virtualization Infrastructure, Storage and Data Protection Solution. He started his initial career in an End User Environment and subsequently joined a Local System Integration Company where he was involved in Design, Plan and Implementation of Vmware Virtualization Solution, NetApp Storage as well as Backup Solution including both Veritas & Veeam Solution. He then moved up as a Pre-Sales Consultant and was promoted to Lead a Team of Pre Sales Consultant under his care.
As a Veeam Systems Engineer based in Malaysia, his main role is to enable and assist the local Veeam partners, arming them with the necessary knowledge to expand the business as well as providing the Veeam Technical Best Practices to our Customers.
Vice President and Managing Director, Southeast Asia
Isabella Kusumawati is the Vice President and Managing Director of Southeast Asia for SUSE. She is committed to work with customers, communities and partners who are looking for greater choice in their technology solutions, who rely on open technologies to help them drive business outcomes.
As a senior leader with two decades of success in new market development for top tech companies such as Salesforce, SAP, Oracle and Microsoft, Isabella is also proud to be an active member in the Business Women Network, the local ambassador for SUSE’s Women in Technology (WIT) for Asia Pacific Japan and Greater China and Steering Committee for Mentorship and Talent Development program.
Isabella has over 20 years of experience in the IT industry and holds a Master of Business Administration (MBA) from Alliance Manchester Business School. She also has a Bachelor’s Degree in Business and Economics from Petra Christian University.
Chief Executive Officer
Strategic Change Management Office (MyDIGITAL)
Economic Planning Unit, Prime Minister’s Department Malaysia
Personal InformationAge: 50
Birthplace: Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei Darussalam
Current: Chief Executive Officer for SCMO effective 19 April 2021. The mandate for the SCMO is to drive change management and ensure the successful delivery of the National Fourth Industrial Revolution Policy (N4IRP) and the Malaysia Digital Economy Blueprint (MDEB). It also serves as the main secretariat of the National Digital Economy and 4IR Council (MED4IRN).
Fabian is also currently a member of the Consultative Council on Foreign Policy chaired by the Minister of Foreign Affairs Malaysia.
October 2018 – April 2021: Responsibilities include coordinating the formulation of the Ministry’s public policies as well to serve as the primary focal point for all international engagements.
- As the Head Secretariat for Co-Chairs Office for the Health Working Group (HWG) under APEC successfully hosted the HWG Senior Officials Meeting (SOM) 1 (Physical meeting), the HWG SOM 3 Virtual Meeting and the High-Level Meeting on Health and the Economy during APEC 2020 hosted by Malaysia; and
- All health-related international engagements during the COVID-19 crisis including coordination of the visit by the Chinese COVID-19 Medical Expert Group to Malaysia in April 2020 and managed the delivery of COVID-19 vaccines (Astra-Zeneca) under the COVAX Facility.
March 2017- September 2018: Director of the Civil Service Delivery Unit, Prime Minister’s Department. This Department was set up to continue the work of Performance Management and Delivery Unit (PEMANDU). During this period, also served in the Board of Directors for InvestKL.
- Led the transition of the National Transformation Programme from PEMANDU to the civil service; and
- Led the programme to look into the competitiveness ranking for Malaysia in Doing Business in Malaysia and World Competitiveness Report, which eventually led to improvements in rankings for Doing Business 2019 via concrete engagements with the World Bank, local businesses and government departments and improvement in reporting systems.
January 2010 to February 2017: Associate Director for Ministerial Key Results Area and also then subsequently promoted to Director for both the Healthcare National Key Economic Area (NKEA) and the Low Income Households National Key Results Area (NKRA) in the Performance Management and Delivery Unit (PEMANDU) in the Prime Minister’s Department. During this time, was also involved in other transformation projects in Malaysia, Tanzania and South Africa
- Directly involved in the establishment of the Economic Transformation Programme;
- Seconded to Tanzania between August to December 2014 as lead facilitator for the labs that eventually designed the Healthcare NKRA for the Big Results Now 2025 programme for Tanzanian Government;
- Invited to facilitate the Ministerial Leadership in Health Workshop organised by Harvard School of Public Health and Kennedy School of Government in Pretoria, South Africa; and
- Led the workshop for the ASEAN Pathfinder project (facilitation to overcome trade barriers) during the hosting of ASEAN by Malaysia in 2015.
January 1995 – January 2010: Various Postings in Ministry of Health Malaysia. Job highlights include:
- Country Representative to the WHO Intergovernmental Working Group for Intellectual Property and Health, Geneva between 2006 and 2008;
- Coordinator for all trade related issues in health including those raise in Trade Agreements such as GATS, TRIPS, proposed USFTA, MAL-AUS FTA and various ASEAN agreements;
- Secretariat for all bilateral relations between Ministry of Health Malaysia and counterpart agencies in other countries as well as multilateral agencies; and
- Responsible for the introducing and the setting of up a Health Industry Unit within the Ministry of Health Malaysia (a pre cursor to the NKEA Healthcare under ETP)
Masters in Public Policy (Graduate Institute for Policy Studies, Tokyo, Japan (2001-2002)
Diploma in Public Management (National Institute for Public Administration, INTAN, Kuala Lumpur) (1996-1997)
Bachelor of Science (Biology), Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland Ohio(1991-1994)